21 December 2011

Hmmmm ....

I think it's probably time for me to admit to myself that the chances of getting a proper post up between now and at least Boxing Day are fairly slim.

Work is flat out crazy, the house looks like something exploded inside and needs to be cleaned before my folks arrive, we have Christmas functions to attend, people to see and things to do - you know the story, I'm sure you're living it too at the moment. I'm not going to complain though, it's all happening because I have a job, a house to go home to, family, friends and pets to spend time with.

So, in this the Silly Season when people seem to lose sight of what's important, when apparently the retail giants are ruining Christmas by not delivering online orders on time (or in the case of one woman too early?!), when consumerism and gluttony take over, I'm going to sit back and be thankful for what I have and do my best to quietly enjoy the holidays.

If I don't get back here before then - have a safe, happy and very merry Christmas.

4 comments:

  1. And a big Merry Xmas to you too! This time of year can sure be CRAZY! But in a fun way mostly :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Lisa (bakebikeblog)

    Yes, a lot of crazy fun ... mostly - at least that's what I'm trying to remind myself :) It will certainly improve a lot as of 5:00pm Thursday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good on you for taking the time to focus on surviving (I mean, enjoying...) Christmas rather than stressing about blogging!

    And dear jeebus, yes, the furore about the toys not being delivered in time. *rolls eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Hannah

    Something was going to give and I really would rather it wasn't my sanity - that's holding on by a thread as it is! :)

    I honestly couldn't decide which was worse, the ones complaining about late delivery or the one who got her trampoline too early ... that one does my head in a little so I try not to think about it.

    ReplyDelete