09 November 2011

One Day

I have a bad habit.

Truth be told I have a lot of bad habits but the one I want to address today is the one where I keep 'starring' items in Reader - recipes, ideas, crafty activities - with the thought of 'I'll have to try that one day' but then never get around to actually trying it. Its become a problem and it's a problem that I'd like to fix so I'm going to make an effort to attempt at least one 'blog inspired' idea a week.

After reading Mama Pea's recipea for Tandoori Mmmm Sauce last week I decided that Saturday would be my first 'one day'.

Turns out I didn't actually have as many of the ingredients on hand as first anticipated so the end result was definitely an 'inspired by' product rather than an 'I followed the recipe and this is what I got' product.

I started by mixing roughly -

1 cup sour cream
1 tsp crushed garlic
1/2 tsp ground cumin (it was all I had left)
1 tsp ground corriander
1/2 tsp garam masala

don't be fooled by the spoon, no measuring actually took place

Once mixed I added a sprinkle of ground lake salt and dried chilli flakes to the top and chilled for about an hour before the first use.

note to self - this bowl is nice for presentation, not so great for mixing in!

I first tried this spread on our wraps for lunch with salad and oven baked four bean mix - it was fabulous!!!


The Sparky and I are both big fans of anything even remotely Indian inspired and this sauce had us both wanting to go back for more. In fact we did go back for more and finished it of at dinner time on top of our rice and veggie bakes. No left overs within less than 12 hours of making it - definitely a good sign!

0 comments:

Post a Comment