22 July 2013

Lions and tigers and bears, oh my!


Movie Monday - mini reviews of what we watched on the weekend.


  

A lovely movie with a lot of heart.



Tin Man

Fantastic idea, lovely look, slightly clumsily executed.
 


Fun, quirky, well written, great movie.

Kenneth: Ever faced certain death?
Darius: If it was so certain, I wouldn't be here. Would I?



Just enough beautiful scenery, fun writing and good acting to keep it moving and interesting.



Great way to finish a great weekend. Slightly slow moving but it worked.

4 comments:

  1. Hehe I loved Safety Not Guaranteed! I haven't seen any of the others but I loved SNG's quirkiness :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So many great lines in it ... and that ending! I'm generally hesitant in making recomendations but if you enjoyed SNG for its quirkiness you'd probably enjoy Moonrise Kingdom too.

      Delete
  2. I adored Moonrise Kingdom! So charming:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was really sweet. Some weeks we hire real duds but somehow we did really well this weekend.

      Delete