28 March 2012

Success!

A few weeks ago I tried my hand at my first piece of sewing in ... well to be honest I couldn't say. A few pieces of coordinating scrap material, a bit of cutting, a bit of sewing and some more cutting later (the edges are deliberately scrappy, just in case that's not obvious) and I had myself a little dog blanket -


To be perfectly honest I thought that it would end up in the bin shortly after finishing it. Instead I've found that both Nutmeg (pictured) and Astro (our cat) seek it out to sleep on in preference to the large bed. I've even found Samson trying to fit his big old bottom on it!

So, I'm gonna call that one a success ...

6 comments:

  1. Bravo! I've never been a sewing person, more a cross-stitcher. Mostly, though, I'm a puppy person. PUPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was of course mostly an excuse to get more puppy photos up, I realised it had been quite a while since the last one :)

      Delete
  2. Aww he looks so cute lying there! :D I'd say it was definitely a success!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's even cuter when the blanket's half under the couch or tv cabinet (because it gets scooted about when she jumps up and starts running) and she's still trying to sit or lie on as much of it as is sticking out. (this is not so easy to get a photo of, as soon as any of the animals spots me with a camera they stop what they're doing and run at me)

      Delete
  3. AWWW doggie photo. I don't think you need an excuse for more puppy photos - put them up, put them up! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I shall make it my Easter holiday mission to take some new ones for you :)

      Delete