18 July 2011

Ummm .... ooops!

A few months ago I entered myself into The Age Run Melbourne 10K run. Seemed like a good idea at the time - I'd enjoyed doing it last year and this year decided to give myself a decent amount of time to train. The training didn't really happen the way I had planned but nevertheless I was still going to try, I'd survived last year with little training so I knew I could do it I just wasn't going to be breaking any records! I can handle that.

Fast forward to this Sunday morning, I'm at the dining table reading the paper and see an ad congratulating everyone - it had been on that morning and I'd completely missed it! Still not sure how I managed to lose track of what week it was and am feeling a little stupid at the moment, also rather miffed about the registration fee that I've thrown away and annoyed that I now have to get the timing chip back to avoid a further fee.

So, I'm still far from being one of those people, but I'm going to keep working on it!

0 comments:

Post a Comment