04 September 2012

Travelday - Sorrento (Amalfi Coast)

From Florence we traveled to Sorrento on the Amalfi Coast. Most of the day was spent driving and unfortunately we hit Sorrento right at what probably equated to peak hour ... there were scooters and cars everywhere. Trying to negotiate the tiny, unknown streets was a little concerning. We did it though and made our way through the town and out the other side to our accommodation. Once settled, we walked our way back into town for a nice quiet evening

Beautiful water and a quaint little boat.

Gorgeous but slightly hazy view.

Innovative architecture (this was also the most footpath we saw, mostly there was none).

At least they're wearing helmets right?

Sunset ... and some more of The Sparky's patient, steady handed camera work.

10 comments:

  1. I thought the views from Sorrento were beautiful! And by views, I might mean all the cute homeless kitties that I spotted hanging out by the water. Somehow I missed that cool building you caught on camera, but I do remember seeing a really inspiring rainbow.

    Sorrento had some pretty posh spots. Ohhh how I long to travel again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the cats down by the dock were amazing! For reasons to be explained next week we ended up spending a while there and saw quite a few of them. All really healthy (as opposed to the ones at the Cinque Terre) and happy looking ... active too, we tried and tried to get a photo but they just wouldn't stay still for long enough!

      Delete
  2. What a beautiful view! I'd love to explore more of Italy. So far, I've only been to Rome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh you must, you must, it's a gorgeous country ... although as Italy is the only country that I've explored in any depth I may be a little biased!

      Delete
  3. such a gorgeous part of the world!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is! I can't wait to get back there ...

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. It will be a beautiful view from the water!

      Delete
  5. When I was on the Amalfi Coast aged 17 visiting friends of the family in Naples, I was told by an Italian that there is a saying in Italy "See the Amalfi Coast and die..." because its beauty can't be beaten. I've since learnt Italian and not been able to confirm this as true but it was romantic enough for me to form a deep love for that part of Italy... Lovely to see and read your own adventures there! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It definitely was gorgeous, we certainly didn't spend enough time there to do it justice, partly because we squeezed so much into our three weeks and partly because we plan to go back and do southern Italy and Greece in separate a trip and will see it again then ... one day :)

      Delete